||33949 Oil Well Road
||P.O. Box 100691
||Punta Gorda, FL 33955
||Cape Coral, FL. 33910
Contact Email Address is: email@example.com
Range Rules (.pdf file for Opening)
Range Rules (downloadable pdf file)
RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF OUR CLUB
- All gates must be locked at all times.
Be sure to set the numbers and then push up on the lock for
the hasp to release and then be sure to change the numbers after you re-lock the hasp.
- Membership ID card must be visibly displayed at all times while you are on the range.
- No children under 18 are allowed on range property without parent or
under adult supervision.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted prior to or after entering the Club’s property.
Not even in your vehicle.
- No Fully automatic weapons or “Bump Stop Type” are allowed on Club property.
- No tracer or armor piercing ammunition allowed on Club property.
- No shooting except in the shooting bays.
- The direction of all shooting shall be from west to east at all times.
- No shooting at wildlife.
- No handling of firearms while people are down range.
- COLD RANGE: A cold range is to be a safe range! Firing STOPS. Guns are put down.
All uncased firearms are unloaded, with magazines removed and have the
action open - safety flag installed. NO GUN IS HANDLED during a COLD RANGE. Shooters may go
forward to score or change targets.
- Actions of uncased firearms must be kept open.
- HOT RANGE: Eye and ear protection is worn. Guns are handled and fired.
Everyone remains behind the FIRING LINE.
- Shoot at approved targets only! NO glass, bowling pins, exploding targets, metal targets, or flying targets are allowed.
Metal targets may be used at Club Sanctioned Matches only.
- Do not carry loaded firearms beyond the Established Line of Fire.
- Keep all firearms pointed down range at all times.
- Wear eye and ear protection at all times, whether shooting or observing,
in the vicinity of the firing line.
- Mis-fired, live ammunition is to be placed ONLY in one gallon buckets provided.
- All rounds must impact the berm. Do not shoot at targets on the ground close to you
as the bullets will ricochet out and over the berm/backstop.
- There will be no “ground” targets except directly at the base of the berm.
All other targets must be placed at the shooter’s eye level.
- You are responsible to remove all items you bring to the Range
property. That means all your trash as in: ammo boxes, targets, cardboard target backing, cups,
cans, bottles, lunch bags. EVERYTHING YOU BRING. The five gallon buckets at the range are for BRASS ONLY!
- Any violation of the Posted Range Rules or unsafe gun practices must be
reported to an officer immediately.
- Shooting hours: 9:00 AM to sunset, 7 days a week.
- Guest passes are stored at each bay. An individual can only be a “guest” 12 times in a year
(Jan –Dec). The Guest Pass must be filled out and sent the following day to
the Club’s secretary with the $5.00 Guest Pass fee.
- “Who is in charge of safety at the organized matches”? The person running the match is the defacto Range Safety Officer (RSO) for the day.
This is the person collecting the fees, recording the scores, etc.
This RSO may counsel a shooter who is behaving in an unsafe manner.
The RSO may prohibit the shooter from further participation in the match that day.
The RSO may ask the shooter to leave the bay for the day. In this case the incident shall be reported to the Executive Officer.
In an extreme case the RSO may ask the Executive Committee to remove the shooter from the club.
The RSO will provide a detailed report of the infraction including date, time, names of witnesses,
and all information pertaining to the offense to the Executive Committee in writing and may be asked
to appear in person before the Executive Committee meeting for further clarification.
Any member witnessing unsafe practices at the range should report same to the Executive
Officer or any officer. Get all info possible including name of person, license plate no., make and color of vehicle, etc.
A friendly request to correct the unsafe practice might be in order, but do not instigate a confrontation.
Let the officers handle the situation.